Hi everyone, you may be wondering; "who is this mb writing this post and contributing to this blog?" Well it's me... Mike Baio! I'm really enjoying the opportunity to read through the New Testament together this summer with all of you and I encourage you to read with us every day.
As I read chapters 7 through 9 I caught myself going back over key events and contemplating many of the events that took place. Things really start heating up in these chapters:
Before we get to that, I noticed that near the end of chapter 6; John 6:66 to be exact, it is recorded that many of Jesus' disciples deserted him.
Then at the beginning of chapter 7 (John 7:1) The Word says that Jesus did not want to walk in Judea because the Jews were seeking to kill him. I told you things were heating up!
Here are some of the verses that caught my attention and the questions I found myself asking:
John 8:9 - Who were the scribes and Pharisees convicted by? How is this possible?
John 8:12 - Jesus states that He is "The light of the world"
John 8:32 - The Truth Shall make You Free
John 8:39-47: Your father is the devil - What does He mean by this?
John 8:58 - Jesus says "Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM."
John 9:1-12 - Jesus heals a man who was blind from birth. Why did he use mud and ask the man to go wash his eyes in a pool? What happened to that man's church life after he was healed?
Please feel free to share your thoughts and comments. God bless you all this summer as we continue reading the New Testament together!
No comments:
Post a Comment